Monday, August 23, 2010

Well we did it...

We survived the 1st Day of school. I'm sure our kids handled it better than we did.
Thank you Julia for opening up your home to all of us Mommies to pray over our children, their teachers and the upcoming year! I'm so thankful to have such wonderful friends who I can go to for prayer and support and it's because of MOPS that I met these incredible women!

One of my friends posted this sweet prayer that I wanted to share. Take a look below:
Here we are again, Lord. Their backpacks are loaded and their faces are scrubbed and their lunch cards are full.
And I know you'll walk with them, Lord. You always do. But a mom still has to ask.
Will You walk with them?
Will You whisper to ...them what they need to hear, when I'm not there to whisper it?
Will You please, oh please, cover their school with the protection only
You can give, and will You keep harm far away?
Will You make their minds strong and ready to learn?
Will You help them understand that hard work honors the One who created them?
Will You guide their teachers, giving them patience and
wisdom and creativity and more patience? Will You bless them for their efforts?
Will You love all those children there, the ones whose lunch accounts
aren't full,the ones who feel alone?
Will You teach my children to be kind and unselfish and to love those
who are different from them?
Will You point them back toward home just as soon as you can?
Lord, I give them to You today and everyday, trusting them to Your care.
In Jesus' name, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment