Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"We make the love of God Visible"


I want you to take a moment and watch this video clip below, and then the one to follow. We are all experiencing, in one way or another, the effect of the economy. But we must remember at times like these, that it's not the value or worth of the items we have. They are just things. What matters the most is the gift of Love given by God. That is found within our family, friends and our church. 
We as a church are called to reach out to our brothers and sisters and help in times of need. 
There is ALWAYS someone who is going through a tougher time than you. 
The time to reach out to others and offer hope and love is now! Not tomorrow or Friday when you get paid or have some extra cash. People need to know that they are not alone. Prayer doesn't cost a dime. There are so many ways you can reach out to others to show them God's love in a Visible way. 
The clip below of Matt Maher says it perfectly 
"We make the love of God visible".
Please take a look. After both videos we have some ways where you can get involved if you choose to. 

Hear the story behind the song from Matt Maher on his song, "Hold Us Together".
 



One viewer saw a video with this exact song in it and had this response: "My friend sent me this video, not even 10 mins ago. I started balling for some reason and I don't know anything about Jesus. But all I know is, this song touched me and I want to know everything now."




Here's how you can get involved and help:

We have a young Mom- 18 years old,(a friend of a friend) who is 35 weeks pregnant. The father of the baby is not in the picture. She is currently living with her parents for the time being. Her water broke this morning and the baby is breach. I'm not sure if she's already been rushed in for a C-section or is getting ready to go it. 
  1. The first thing you can do is pray for this young mom and baby to be.
  2. The Second, we are asking you to help with providing this mom all of the things she will need to care for this baby. Diapers, wipes, baby girl clothes, pretty much anything you can think of that would be wonderful! Some of you might have been in the same shoes with a brand new baby at 18 and understand a little better what she is going through. This is the time to reach out to this you mom...Email me and I can give you all the details on what to do with your gifts.      Bradshaw4@sbcglobal.net
    "Even in the dark you can still see the light. It's going to be alright...and love will hold us together, make us a shelter to weather the storm. And I'll be my brother's keeper 
    so the whole world will know that we are not ALONE."

    Another way you can help: 
    Our Olive Knolls Church- SNC, supports an amazing ministry that provides sack lunches to the homeless. I was told that Pastor Joe shared that they are running low on Peanut Butter and Jelly. If you would like to provide this ministry with Peanut Butter or jelly or cash for them to go purchase more please let me know. 
    Email: Bradshaw4@sbcglobal.net
    One of our MOPS Moms, Cassie Conners informed me that at Sam's Club a double pack of Jumbo Peanut Butter is only $6.75! 
    A double pack of jelly is only $5.45!
    Cassie is even willing to go pick up any donations!
    So for less than $13.00 (which is a trip to the fast food  restaurant for maybe 2 people) you could help feed probably 50 homeless people with this little purchase or more!

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd;
  I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
  he leads me beside peaceful streams.
3   He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
  bringing honor to his name.
4 Even when I walk
  through the darkest valley,*
I will not be afraid,
  for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
  protect and comfort me.
5 You prepare a feast for me
  in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
  My cup overflows with blessings.
6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
  all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the LORD
  forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment