Thursday, August 19, 2010


I just saw this on the MOMSnext page and thought it was so important and so powerful. Some of us MOPS moms have our oldest starting kindergarten. We have the choice to make a difference and make a change. The question is will we make the time? Take a quick look at this video...


TakePart: Participant Media - Waiting For 'Superman' - Infographic from Jr.canest on Vimeo.

"So, no matter who your kid's teacher is, what do you do to support him or her? Prayer? Volunteering? A kind word? Anything else?"
Whether you work full time or part time or work at home there is something that can be done to support our teachers and offer our help. Today was Kindergarten orientation for my son. As my husband and I were walking with him to his class my husband says "I hope she has an assistant with all these kids". The sad thing is that she doesn't unless us Moms or grandparents volunteer. As we listened to the teacher go over her class she mentioned many ways that we could get involved. Volunteer our time in the classroom, take things home to work on for her, help at school functions, purchase extra supplies. So as I prepare for this upcoming year I will be praying asking God where I can help out the best. I want my child to have the best oppurtunities available but as parents we have to step up and volunteer if we want to make a change in our child's future. 
God is looking for ordinary people to do extraordinary things!

No comments:

Post a Comment