Sunday, October 17, 2010

Make Ahead Freezer Smoothies

Check out this great idea from "The Tidy Nest" on making your own Freezer Smoothie Baggies to save you time and money. Below is her instructions.

We have been enjoying smoothies for breakfast this summer.  Smoothies are a quick way to eat a healthy breakfast using fresh ingredients.

We still have a lot of blueberries in our freezer from our trip to the blueberry patch and quite a few strawberries from various summer sales.  

To make these smoothies go together even faster, I divide the fruit and yogurt into serving size baggies and store them in the freezer.  I usually put several of these packets together at the beginning of the month to stock my freezer for the following month. 


The fruit is already washed and chopped and I freeze the yogurt in ice cube trays to divide it into the appropriate serving size.
 
 
For a smoothie that serves two, I use about 1 1/2 cups fruit and 3-4 yogurt cubes (approx. one tablespoon each).  I add the milk or juice into the blender until it reaches a smooth consistency.  



(Photos from The Tidy Nest)
I throw all of the packets into a large freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.

Freezer smoothies make breakfast quick and easy!
 
Check out her blog for some other great ideas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment