Thursday, October 14, 2010

Easy and cherished Halloween Decor


Look at this ADORABLE idea I found over at "The Crafting Chicks". You will have to take some time and check out their blog! They have such great ideas! This particular idea I LOVED because it's something you can put up every year that will make you smile. Take a look below to see "The Crafting Chicks" Tutorial:
________________________________________________________
Ghostly Handprints on Canvas
I LOVE doing kid crafts that involve my girl’s hands.  It is so fun to have something that we can look back and see how they have grown.  I was telling some friends about this fun project I had up my sleeve and they wanted in so we had a fun little party making these cute Ghost handprints.   I have to say it was actually nice to have the extra hands helping too.  With little ones and paint you can never have too many eyes watching. ;)  
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
 
Small canvas (I used 6×6, but if you have more kids you could do a longer one with all their hands on one.  I think that would be SUPER cute!)
Black paint
white paint (I used a glossy paint)
glitter
silver pen
I pre-painted the canvas so that I wouldn’t have to worry about doing it with the kiddos around. 

I put some white glossy paint on plate and then painted the kiddos hands and helped them place their hands on the canvas. 
 
Then quickly, sprinkled some glitter over the paint.

Shake off the excess glitter and then find a place for the ghosts eyes and mouth.
On some of the prints, like the one above, there were perfect black spots left open for the mouth.  It was so fun to see the different shapes each hand made and how they each turned out.   

Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment