Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dates for a YEAR!

Ok I am loving this idea from Shannon Brown's Blog "Find the joy in the Journey"

Take a look below at her post and then go visit her blog for some more ideas!
This would be a GREAT Valentine's Gift!

-------------------------------------
Let's go on a date: january

For Christmas this year I gave Scott a slew of golfing gear (shoes, balls, rangefinder). Oh, and a new stainless steel double-action potato masher.
I also gave him something for us to enjoy together.

Datebasket1
(Photos: Shannon Brown Blog)
This basket holds 12 envelopes. Each labeled with a month of the year. And each envelope contains a pre-planned, (mostly) pre-paid date just for us. Some of the dates will take place at home, some are planned for the local area, and some will take us into town. All 12 dates are different. Several, actually nearly all of the dates are things we have never done before.


The plan is to open the envelope together at the beginning of the month, look at the calendar and decide on a date. So right from the beginning of the month, we'll have a fun date on the calendar to look forward to.

Here's what the contents of the January envelope looked like:
Date1_contents
A giftcard to OMSI for a laser show, IMAX, or whatever. And dinner at McMennamins.
Get ready to flip out because I . . . made a scrapbook page!
Date1_layout1

I brought along my Fuji Instax for picture taking. I love it. It is just so cute. I think I'll be taking it on all of our dates this year.

Our January date also doubled as our anniversary date. 12 years! We enjoyed a hamburger dinner at Fulton Pub (a place Scott visits from time to time for work lunches, but I've never been before). He even shared one of his tots with me. :) My "Communication Breakdown Burger" was awesome. And before dinner we went to OMSI to watch "Hubble" on the IMAX screen.

I think I'm liking this plan. 11 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment