Monday, May 24, 2010

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

Take a look at these little yummy things! YUM!! I can't wait to try these. You can visit Stephanies Kitchen for more fun recipes!

It has been a crazy couple of weeks and I can’t believe how fast time has flown by!  This summer will be gone before we know it!  Sad news.  I have decided that I need a break from blogging for a little while.  Just for the rest of the summer.  I am having a lot harder time adjusting to life with 3 kids than I ever imagined I would.  I decided that they need to be my first priority and so I am going to take the pressure off of myself for the need to bake everyday and try to find time to blog about it.  I will be back in September, so I hope you won’t forget about me.  I could never abandon my blog forever.  It has allowed me to be me, not just Mommy, Wife, Maid and so forth.  It has opened my eyes to what I truly am passionate about and for that I don’t want to say goodbye forever.  I just need to breath for a while and get my world in order.  When I come back, I vow to be better than ever!  So, for now, feel free to browse through the many recipes I have here and do come back!  I will however be blogging for Cafe Zupas every Tuesday, so be sure to check it out every week.  Thanks for your support friends!
I will leave you with a scrumptious snack though!  I first saw these babies on Studio 5, here in Utah.  They are absolutely delicious, and super easy to make.  You might want to make a double recipe, because they seem to disappear very quickly!  See you in a couple of months!
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
makes about 45 sandwiches
1 cup of peanut butter (creamy works best)
2 Tbsp softened butter or margarine
1/2 cup powdered sugar (you may need more)
3/4 cup brown sugar (you may need more)
Pretzels (the waffle shaped ones)
1 bag good quality chocolate (I like milk)
Using a mixer, combine peanut butter and softened butter and beat until smooth. Add the sugars and stir to combine. At this point if the filling will roll easily into balls without sticking to your hands you’re ready to go. If not, add more sugar ( a little bit of each) until you reach a consistency that is easy to roll. Use a teaspoon measure to scoop the filling. Roll each portion into a small ball and set on a cookie sheet. I like to roll all the balls and then sandwich them between two whole pretzels. When all the balls are rolled and successfully sandwiched, stick the whole tray in the freezer for about half an hour.
Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30-second intervals, stirring occasionally until completely melted. Remove the pretzel sandwiches from the freezer and quickly dip each half-way into the melted chocolate. When all are dipped, return the tray to the freezer to set up completely. Store the sandwiches in the refrigerator until serving time.

No comments:

Post a Comment