Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Let's get ready for the celebration of the birth of our King!


4 Days til Christmas, I had to post more!!!!!

The celebration of the birth of our King! Now take a deep breath...don't let the madness around you take away this special time. Take a minute and remind yourself the reason for the season. 

Plan out the next few days leading up to Christmas what you want to do to make this 
Christmas different!

1.) Bake some Christmas Goodies for the homeless! Or to make things easier here's what I did last year: I went to Vons in their bakery section you can pick up a box of really yummy cookies for less than $3.00. We bought a couple boxes. I went home and printed out some labels with the scripture:

Isaiah 41:10
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Then I added a little message saying:
Merry Christmas! I pray this food will bring you comfort to your soul so you know that you are not alone.
 Then my kids, Ryan and myself packed these cookies in ziplock baggies.

Then PRAY over these baggies and for the people who will receive them! Let God do the rest!
EMAIL me at: Bradshaw4@sbcglobal.net for more details about dropping off the cookies etc...

This one below is really cute. Click HERE to see all of it. You can see in the next couple of pictures what the different layers represent. 
Jesuscake 
The chocolate layer reminds us that we are sinful.

The red layer reminds us that Jesus shed his blood for our sins.

The white frosting reminds us that Jesus has given us a clean heart.

The green layer reminds us to grow in Christ.

The yellow decorations remind us of heaven.

The candles remind us Jesus is the Light of the World.



4.) Set a place setting
 for Jesus at your Christmas dinner or at Christmas Breakfast.
Pinned Image

5.) Decide now which Christmas Eve Service time you will be attending and INVITE your neighbors, etc...Don't assume they have a place to go Christmas Eve.
aways puts on a very special kid friendly Christmas Eve Service:
Olive Knolls Church of the Nazarene
6201 Fruitvale Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93308
Date: Saturday 24 December 2011
Time: 04:00pm or 6:00 pm
Place: Olive Knolls Church
Come back on Christmas morning at 10:00 am for our 
Family Christmas Service!

Pinned Image
Take a minute to watch and listen to this beautiful video!

No comments:

Post a Comment