Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Crockpot Recipes

You asked for more Crockpot Recipes so here you go...
So it seems that as busy Moms good Crockpot Recipes are like Gold! I couldn't agree more! A recipe that I can start in the morning and not have to do a single thing to and it not only makes my house smell YUMMY but also makes me look like the BEST Mom Ever...I'm in!
 
So below are a few recipes I have come across. I haven't tried yet but I though I would share. I also thought we would do another Contest.  (The recipes below will not be included in our contest- I just wanted to get you started )

So here's how the contest will work:
  1. Email me: Bradshaw4@sbcglobal.net as many recipes as you want to enter. With "RECIPE" in the subject line by Tues. Dec 14th.
  2. We will have 4 categories: Main dish, Side Dish, Dessert and Beverage (Again all recipes must be for the crockpot) So if you send multiple recipes to me please specify which category it is at the top of the email. NOTE: We did do this contest over the summer so try and submit NEW recipes. 
  3. By Weds. Dec. 15th the recipes will be posted on the blog. I will have a place for you to cast your votes for each category. We will collect votes up 'til Dec. 21st. That's when the Winners will be announced. If for some reason there is a tie I will have our Mentor Moms and Awesome Staff at Olive Knolls help! NOTE: You can only win in 1 category. You can enter all categories but only win once.
WINNER of each category will receive a 
$10.00 Gift Card to Dewars!

Have fun!

Crock Pot Chicken Fiesta
From: Kelsey B. at "Envy My Cooking" blog.

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed 2 frozen chicken breast halves
1 can corn, drained 1 c. salsa
1 pkg. taco seasoning 3/4 c. water
Put beans, corn, taco seasoning and water in your crock pot and mix together till seasoning is dissolved. Place frozen chicken breasts on top and spread salsa on chicken. Cook on high 4 hours. Shred meat and serve over rice or in tortillas. Garnish with sour cream and more salsa.
 
Crock-Pot Green Chile Chicken Burrito
From: Jenny. at "Envy My Cooking" blog.
1 can- cream of mushroom
1 can- cream of chicken
1 can- green chilies
4-5 chicken breast
1 can of green enchilada sauce
1 bag-Jack cheese

Throw can of mushroom, cream of chicken, green chilies, and chicken breast together in the crock-pot and cook on low for 5 hours! shred the chicken the last hour!

Fill the tortilla with chicken, (sour cream if you like) and cheese! Roll up like a burrito and spread the green enchilada sauce over the top..... Than top it with cheese- throw in the microwave to get the cheese melted on top- Ready to eat! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment