Sunday, September 26, 2010

Countdown to Halloween

So I am BIG on Family Traditions! I think it's so important to create family traditions. Even if you never had them  really growing up as a kid this is your chance now to make them with your own family. I was very fortunate, being an only child to have many family traditions that I cherish. But as a mom now I want to keep the ones I grew up with and make our own as well! The holidays are seriously right around the corner! Make this time SPECIAL not HECTIC! So start planning now! We all have the same 24 hours in a day, it's what we choose do with that time which makes the difference.

Halloween is first on the list. And those of you who really know me... I absolutely LLLLOOOOVVVEE Halloween! Not the scary Halloween, I'm talking about the FUN and CUTE Halloween~ Decorating, playing all the Fun Halloween songs like "Monster Mash", "Ghost Buster's" theme song etc... ""BOO-ing" your neighbors. This is what "holidays" are all about. So this month I will be posting ALL sorts of FUN activities to do with your Family. 

If you have any Fun Halloween traditions, activities or events going on please let me know and you can email them to me at:
Bradshaw4@sbcglobal.net

So First on our list:
Halloween Activity Countdown Calendar for kids from My Delicious Ambiguity. She has a great blog that you will have to check out!

(All photos by My Delicious Ambiguity)
 
Why give your kids candy every day leading up to Halloween when you can do a Halloween inspired activity instead? I've recently made a Halloween Countdown Calendar perfect for kids of all ages which features an activity a day leading up to Halloween. These activities include crafts, games and learning activities for toddlers to elementary school aged children. All activities require little to no prep work and can be done with things you already have around the house or can acquire easily and on a budget.
To make your own you will need the following materials:
-16 regular sized envelopes (3 5/8 x 6 ½ inch)
-31 small pieces of ribbon
-4 pieces of cardstock paper
-Scissors
-Glue
-6-8 pieces of scrapbook paper
-Hole punch


Directions:
1.    Lick shut your envelopes and then cut into halves.
2.    Cut scrapbook paper to fit the front of each envelope half.
3.    Glue to the front of the envelope making sure the open end of the envelope is facing up.
4.    Print out the number template onto cardstock paper. Cut out the 31 numbers and glue a number to each envelope.
5.    Cut out the activity cards. Punch a small hole into the top of each card and tie a ribbon. Place 1 card into each envelope.

Voila! You are finished! Hang on display and let the countdown begin!
The best part of this is that you can make it once and reuse it year after year. You can also count down as many days as you want. For younger children I would probably use 10-14 days and for older children the full 31 would be fine.
If you love this idea but don't have time to come up with a calendar of this sort on your own, I'm currently selling my digital pdf file in my Etsy shopfor an introductory price of $5.00. Plus if you tweet, like on facebook, post about this product in your blog or heart my Etsy shop I will give you an extra %15 off. What a steal!


Let the Halloween countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment