Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Power of Music

I strongly believe in the power of music! One of God's greatest gifts to us is the gift of music. Below is a brief background why it's so important to me but before I get into that I want to tell you about a special offer on one of my FAVORITE albums.

Love Revolution by Natalie Grant. The ENTIRE album is amazing!
Right now that album is $5 at Amazon for a very limited time. Check it out!Click HERE

Here are a few of my favorite songs on the album...

"Beauty Mark" 
This is a song Taylor and I often times rock out to in the car with the windows down!

"I'm Daring to Be" 
I LOVE these lyrics below...
"I’m waiving goodbye to my pretty little life
Taking your hand and crossing that line

Daring to leave the old me
Shout it out loud I’m not ashamed

Diving in now, and so not afraid
Hello to all that You see
And everything You made me
I’m daring to be"

"Human"
What should be an anthem to live by 

 "Someday our King will Come"
This is the perfect song to play in the morning to start the day

“If you feel scared and so alone you’re not the only one
Don’t be afraid when your world comes undone
Don’t you know that someday our King will come
 I keep frowing He keeps showing me strength
Even when the world is changing He will stay the same
He loves me like a Father and His hands will provide
He takes away every fear inside.”
 

"If Music be the food of Love, play on..." -Shakespeare

This is a quote I have in my kitchen over my sliding glass door...I was raised in a home where music was a part of our life. Not only was it on every minute of the day but my Dad was, and still is, a musician. When he was 18 years old he went on the road with Merle Haggard playing guitar for him. My Dad later ventured out on his own and did his own thing playing all over. So needless to say I grew up where music was our life. Growing up we would visit Merle's home in Lake Shasta often, and go back stage to Merle Haggard's concerts. One of my favorite memories was being loved on by the sweet Bonnie Owens (She sang in Merle's band- and was Merle's Ex wife and Buck Owens' ex-wife). She always treated me like her own Grandchild and loved on me like only "grandmas" can.   I could tell you many stories of music, but most importantly it grew inside me to love and appreciate the gift of music.

You will hear me say over and over again...music to me feeds the soul! I truly believe God's word, message and truth can be seen through music! There have been countless times where I have needed some encouragement or understanding and a song will come on one of the Christian stations that I am listening to and I think...
"Ok God, I get it! You've got my attention and I am listening..."

Whether you are going through a tough time or just maybe woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Music can change your entire out look and therefor change your entire mood!

I was able to see Natalie Grant live at last year's MOPS Convention and then again just recently at the Women of Faith Conference. This woman has a gift, a God-given gift of not only an incredible voice but a way of relating God's truth into our everyday lives through the love of music. Every time I  hear her I appreciate her gifts even more. At the Women of Faith Conference I was blessed to have one of my best girlfriends from High School there with me. We've been friends for over 15 years. She's gone through things that no woman or mother should have to go through. The only thing that got her through those tough times and still continues to help her is God's truth. One of Natalie's songs: "In Better Hands Now" was what she listened to to help her understand God's message and love for her. As we sat in that conference Natalie Grant started playing that song... We sat there holding each other's hand through the entire song and you could feel the love of our creator! The feeling of, yes he was there through every tough moment my friend had been through and that He was going to be there to celebrate the upcoming moments as well!

Doesn't your heart just get so full knowing that we have a God who loves us that much to never leave our side. He cries when we cry and He laughs when we laugh. Wow...what a special gift.
Here is that song that I was talking about. It is not on Natalie's Love Revolution album but is definitely a song to add your playlist. I have a hard time getting through this song when I hear it because I think of my dear friend and all she's had to go through...BUT it brings a smile to my face to know that she is in better hands now. That our God brings us up from even the darkest places.

No comments:

Post a Comment